Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hazy Sunset

Been away for a while now but not because blogging has taken a back seat. Put the blame on the terrible haze instead, alright. Many would agree that the current haze brings a lot of harmful effects to our health.

Well from the perspective of a landscape photographer, and BTW I'm not one, it is a good time to capture the sunrise and sunset phenomenon in a more interesting and easier way. The sun does not shine too brightly in the morning and you have better chances of capturing the round image without additional tools. Especially good time for people like myself who does not have all the gears and apparatus needed.

Followings are some of my shots recently. The sun currently set at about 6.15pm in Kota Kinabalu but I could take picture of the sun as early as 5.00pm due to the haze which act as softener to the bright sun ray.


A little bit of editing to reduce the highlight.



Pre-sunset in Putatan area. The sun is notably still high over the trees.



View from along KK-Papar highway near Lok Kawi


To view more of my recent captures, visit my flickr site here.
Have a good day, and stay healthy.

No comments: