Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The TOWERS - a Second Chance

7.01 pm
"It's 7.01pm by my watch..."



I shot these iconic towers not too long ago during year-end holiday with my family. It was somewhat touch-and-go kind of result, a.k.a not very impressive.

To say that I did not have long enough time to get some decent shots would be too lame an excuse. I guess it was a combination of many things such as lack of experience, creativity, time, weather and equipment that caused this sort of stuff.

When you are travelling with certain kind of itinerary - with photography being low on the pecking order - I guess a compromised pictures quality has to be deemed acceptable. Luck plays quite a big role especially when travelling during wet season.

A second chance? Yes! Especially when we are talking about paying another visit to these spots later this month. Later this week, to be exact.

For me this should be a very good opportunity to better my personal achievement since 3 months ago. Fingers crossed that I'd be blessed with fine weather, and with some inspiration from fellow shooters hopefully I can achieve something more decent.



Maxis building
The less popular Maxis Tower beside Petronas Twin Towers


Kuala Lumpur Tower
Kuala Lumpur Tower is essentially a communication pole.



twin towers panorama800 bnw
Panoramic view the national capital from KL Tower




Maybank Panorama800a
When it is hazy, you would not get the view you are after.




klcc600x800
Alternative view of the famous Twin Towers.




good evening!
Evening fountain at KLCC.
Without tripod, you have to crank up the ISO to something like 3200 to get a reasonably usable image.

3 comments:

©t-Ba said...

agree. nice picture. thanks for sharing bro.

Gunaqz said...

Hi Floyd. I love the photos. I think you are a talented photographer. What camera did you use for those?

de engineur said...

Thanks a lot friends. I use Nikon D90 most of the time.