Monday, October 22, 2012

What would happen if you set off a firework on the Moon?

Nothing.

I wish I could tell you 'there will be big explosion', but scientists say otherwise.

Because there is no oxygen in the Moon's almost non-existent atmosphere, there is nothing with which the inflammable materials in fireworks can ignite. However, if there were oxygen present, a firework could travel six times as high as on Earth. This would mean the most powerful mortar-launched fireworks could easily reach over a mile above the Moon's surface.

happy new year
I captured these fireworks during the ushering of new year (2011) in Bukit Bintang, K.Lumpur


Fact source: Sun Life, D.Express, Oct 21, 2012 - pp 14

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wished..I have the answer too hehee

tehr said...

mungkin juga tak akan kelihatan secantik apa yang kita lihat sekarang
hehe

de engineur said...

letupan mungkin akan berlaku tetapi warna2 cantik tu memang tiada kerana ketiadaan oksigen