Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Car Insurance

Earlier this month I posted an article about  the 150 cars stolen everyday in our country. Unfortunately this trend is going to continue for sometime until some bold measures are taken holistically by both drivers and the authority. Well, insurers included.

I had an experience whereby my existing car insurer refused to renew my car insurance policy on grounds that my four-wheel vehicle was one of the hot items in car thieves list. It did not make sense to me as consumer, as I felt I was denied my right to have my property protected. But of course it made business sense to the insurance companies. After all they are here to make money, not to do charity work.

I read one of the online insurance services provider, Multi car insurance and not only did I realised that I could insure multiple cars in a single policy and save on premium but I came to understand the fact that under normal circumstances you have the right to be insured. Being the thieves' favourite does not make your car un-insurable.

However, if one insurer does not intend to provide the service to you,  it's just too bad you have to move on and find another that would shoulder the risk. Ask around or rather shop around on the net. That was what I did and on the second insurance company that I approached, my application was approved. Without loading!

5 comments:

Aki said...

Bos, congratz on your new insurance!! :p

Unknown said...

Thank you for the info.

tehr said...

Memang tentu dah
Mereka lebih mementingkan keuntungan perniagaan mereka

de engineur said...

AIG (American Home Assurance) lah tu yg tolak permohonan saya.

Anonymous said...

Tοԁaу's plan is Uni work...must..get some done....

Here is my webpage ... car insurance