Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Giggs: PFA Footballer of the Year

My all time Welsh football player, Ryan Giggs has finally been awarded PFA Player of the Year by fellow professional footballers in England. He started just 12 games this season for his club, Manchester United but he contributed some crucial goals towards maintaining United's lead in English Premier League.
.
So, I think it is more of a reward for Giggs 18 years of glittering career which he started at young age in 1991. But, hey he deserves it and I think many will agree with me that he is one of the more talented footballers in the UK, for a long long time.

Some of the 35-year old's achievements:

  • 10 Premier League titles,
  • 4 FA Cups,
  • 3 League Cups,
  • 2 Champions League medals.
Giggs said "It's right up there, with personal accolades it's the best to have as it's voted by your fellow players, I've been fortunate to win a lot of trophies, I won the young player award twice, but this is the big one.''

So, Congrats Gigsy! I'm sure you still have some good stuffs up your sleeve even at this age.

Rayn Giggs' Profile
.

No comments: