Friday, November 9, 2012

Page Rank 2

I advocate green technology and renewable energy. And I know I'm still green.

But by green, I'm talking about being new to blogging (a green horn) rather than Green Technology itself. So, early afternoon today I found out that the green portion of the horizontal histogram has grown longer. My PageRank has increased to 2. For many, it certainly is not a cause for celebration but personally it does give some sort of satisfaction for all the 'works that you've done'.


PR-2


So, what is PageRank?

PageRank is what Google uses to determine the importance of a web page. It's one of many factors used to determine which pages appear in search results. - google.about.com

It was developed by Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University. The idea behind it is that information on the web could be ordered in a hierarchy by link popularity, i.e. the more links to a page, the higher the page ranking is.

There are ways and means to increase the PageRank of your site but we are not discussing that here. Besides, I am yet to start implementing them myself.


The Pull factor

I noticed that this blog started pulling more visitors when I posted an article about this year's Unduk Ngadau Kaamatan held at KDCA, Penampang in May 2012. Since then, page hit has been on increasing trend albeit on a relatively slow pace. It was a pictorial post and the title was timely, so, the increased traffic was understandable.

Photography is my passion but Renewable Energy is the focus of this blog and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

3 comments:

Gemma Ann said...


Congrats on the ranking. And yes, do continue doing Renewable Energy. These are valuable info not many people can do. Cheers

Meitzeu said...

Wow. :D I wish I'm on front page as well!

mt
Meitzeu @ Blog

Meitzeu @ Facebook

Meitzeu @ Twitter

Anonymous said...

It's actually a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
Feel free to visit my web-site :: how to make an app